Manager Admissions & ED Registration
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2020 Admissions Office
PFS Front End Leadership
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages systems, processes, and operational support as it relates to hospital registration intake compliance and strategic initiatives. Oversight for enterprise-wide inpatient admissions, hospital-based ambulatory, trauma and emergency registration, cashier, and financial counseling staff. Responsible for management of system wide Financial Assistance and Charity Care Program. Oversees patient assistance programs including applications for insurance coverage and drug reimbursement eligibility. Maintains a positive environment for the public, patients, hospital personnel and medical staff by providing an open line of communication. Maximizes productivity in order to contribute to the overall financial success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide managerial leadership and direction for hospital admissions and registration initiatives and strategies including the development with specific process and functions that relate to the collection of patient data and clinical information into the EPIC, teletracking, patient-link up, bed management, and other technology solutions used in the pre and post admission process. Continuously strives for quality by identifying problems in hospital admissions, ambulatory, and trauma and emergency registration process flow and capacity throughput in both areas of service.
- Oversees the hospital’s financial assistance and charity care programs. Provides guidance and education to financial counseling staff to meet the standards set forth by DOH, DHS, CMS, TJC, and the hospital. Assures smooth workflow between intake counselors and patient financial services to enhance billing and collection of Medicaid, disability, auto, and workers compensation accounts. Ensures timely completion of patient applications, updates to records, communication to patients, and adjustments to qualifying accounts for both the hospital and LGHP physicians.
- Participates in LGH Revenue Cycle and Denial Management initiatives. Provides bi-weekly reporting of admissions and emergency Registration performance to Revenue Cycle Committee. Evaluates and provides leadership to establish reasonable deadlines for target, threshold and optimum performance objectives. Works closely with staff and designees to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations involving third party payer’s requirements and cost containment practices as it relates to registration.
- Ensures timely delivery of patient notices, including by not limited to the Important Message from Medicare (IMM) and Notice of Patient Status (re: observation vs. inpatient) as mandated by CMS and the state of Pennsylvania. Maintains statistics and goals for accuracy and timelines and provides to leadership monthly.
- Provides analysis and initiates communications to ensure financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency registration staff are compliant using work queues, reports, and queries to capture necessary data elements. Leads and directs financial counselors, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration staff members by monitoring data accuracy and facilitates any needed corrections to accounts.
- Provides leadership and direction related to financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration staffing according to best practices, evaluating vacancy rates for staff retention strategies as it relates to growth and strategy initiatives. Ability to immediately balance and adjust staffing to ensure adequate coverage to meet customer needs. Monitors direct and matrix reports, and facilitates issues for positive performance outcomes. Provides mentoring and developmental counseling according to HR policies. Administer performance evaluations for direct line reports, ensuring competencies and LG required NetLearning programs are met. Monitor benchmarks. Create/update job descriptions to reflect duties and update tasks according to process changes.
- Directs the financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration training and education processes. Facilitates the monthly reporting of quality assurance data analysis of staff. Assess and record competencies related to financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration. Establish, monitor, and recommend the necessary development strategies for additional staff training. Participate in customer service initiatives that implement scripting standards for best practices and LG requirements. Ensures training and education related to hazardous material exposure, down time, and disaster protocols.
- Participates in establishing, reviewing, and updating policies and procedures for financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency registration. Communicates information to Department managers and departments according to protocols. Regulatory implement, communicate, and educate financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration staff according to regulatory process changes and compliance affecting registration. Participate in monthly Registration Council meetings to ensure registration quality and compliance as it relates to financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency and trauma registration. Ensure policies related to hazardous material exposure, down time, and disaster protocols are current.
- Develops financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency registration benchmarks of productivity and volume. Evaluate, analyze, and ensure proper investigation of service issues and/or complaints with internal and external customers. Initiate planning, evaluation, development, implementation, and control of system processes and changes as needed to provide service excellence in conjunction with Department managers.
- Participates in the development of financial counselor, admissions, ambulatory, Women and Baby triage, and emergency registration strategic business planning and implementation strategies. Develops budget through interaction at various levels of management. Manages functional operations that are consistent with budget allocations, reviews, evaluates and reports on expenditures for assigned cost center through monthly budget review.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management is preferred.
- Five (5) years of management experience in managing teams and implementing projects is required,
- Five (5) years progressive management experience, preferably in a mid to large size department with operational responsibility for registration and information systems is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include verbal and written communication skills is required,
- Five (5) years’ experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting user/team members with problem solving, and developing/coordinating with application vendors on RFP’s/RFI’s is preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance payers and Information Services background is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/15/2021