Job Title: Mammography Technologist
This position is located in Elizabethtown, PA
Part-time 0.4, 32 hours per two weeks working hours between 7:00am to 7:00 pm with Occasional Saturday mnornings and no holidays. Hours may vary per operational need . Will perform screening mammography and general radiolography imaging.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Mammography Technologist to work at the Norlanco OP center. Will do screening mammography and general radiography imaging. The Mammo tech performs all routine diagnostic Radiographic and Mammographic procedures through proper patient positioning,
technique selection, administration of contrast media and application of immobilization and radiation protection devices.
- Performs all routine diagnostic Radiographic and Mammographic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique
selection, administration of contrast media and application of immobilization and radiation protection devices.
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians. Consults with radiologists as necessary.
- Greets patients in a timely and efficient manner--confirming their identifications, performing the correct procedures as directed,
and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Operates and enters information through the hospital computer system. Documents required information and patient history.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs other paperwork as applicable
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Radiological Technology school.
- Certification in Radiological Technology, issued by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- Certification in Mammography, issued by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists, is required.
- CPR certification is required.
Two (2) years of recent clinical experience beyond training.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional Certification.