Maintenance Mechanic: Main Hospital (Full Time/Night Shift)
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 3rd shift 11:30 pm - 7:30 am; every other weekend/ occasional Holiday, on call, overtime.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing maintenance & installation duties. Includes using technical training and acquired skills as well as prints, schematics, technical manuals and departmental procedures to maintain physical plant, equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs preventative maintenance duties such as lubricating equipment and replacing and repairing component parts or the adjustment and regulating of equipment such as replacing gaskets, repairing machines, etc.
- Repairs and makes adjustments on conveyor and tube systems.
- Maintains various call signal systems by replacing of light bulbs, fuses, switches or the installation of additional or supplemental receptacles, stations, switches, etc.
- Performs electrical distribution system troubleshooting and repair of commercial/ institution-type setting. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical equipment and lighting. Troubleshoots and repairs medical compresses air and vacuum components and systems.
- Services and repairs electrical/mechanical equipment like that found in Food Service, Laundry, etc.
- Orders required repair and installation materials for maintenance and project purposes.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies (includes electrical, HVAC, water, steam plumbing and telecommunications).
- Corrects patient and departmental temperature problems and performs startup and shutdown and monitoring functions for major HVAC equipment.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system to monitor workload, assigned tasks and priority requests.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs general metal working and cutting tasks.
- Repairs and installs piping, conduit and duct work.
- Fabricate or repair metal or wooden items as may be required to maintain patient area equipment.
- Services and repairs pumps, motors and valves.
- Performs general plumbing duties, including service to clogged drains; repairs or replaces water lines, faucets, and valves of residential trade size piping. Replaces flange seals on soil pipes and rebuilds/replaces worn parts on toilets, sinks, tubs, showers and associated equipment.
- Reports any job deficiencies, job status and completion, observations of broken equipment, vandalism, or any events requiring further follow-up.
- Reviews prints, prepares sketches, drawings or layout information for new installations or modifications and submits for review.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Vocational training and/or trades experience for this position (or equivalent experience), with electrical, mechanical/plumbing, welding/cutting/metal fabrication, and automated industrial control experience.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Three (3) years of electrical experience and two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience is required for the position.
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience, three (3) or more years of mechanical/plumbing experience, and two (2) or more years each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control, is preferred for the position.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman experience.
- One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control is preferred for the position.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.