Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week between the hours of 11:30 pm - 7:30 am;
10 days on, 4 days off (every other weekend)
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing maintenance & installation duties. Includes using technical training and acquired skills as well as prints, schematics, technical manuals and departmental procedures to maintain physical plant, equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs preventative maintenance duties such as lubricating equipment and replacing and repairing component parts or the adjustment and regulating of equipment such as replacing gaskets, repairing machines, etc.
- Repairs and makes adjustments on conveyor and tube systems.
- Maintains various call signal systems by replacing of light bulbs, fuses, switches or the installation of additional or supplemental receptacles, stations, switches, etc.
- Performs electrical distribution system troubleshooting and repair of commercial/ institution-type setting. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical equipment and lighting. Troubleshoots and repairs medical compresses air and vacuum components and systems.
- Services and repairs electrical/mechanical equipment like that found in Food Service, Laundry, etc.
- Orders required repair and installation materials for maintenance and project purposes.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies (includes electrical, HVAC, water, steam plumbing and telecommunications).
- Corrects patient and departmental temperature problems and performs startup and shutdown and monitoring functions for major HVAC equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three (3) years of electrical experience
- Two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience
- One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control
- Valid PA Driver’s License
Posted on 06/21/2019
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience, three (3) or more years of mechanical/plumbing experience, and two (2) or more years each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control, is preferred for the position.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman experience.