Maintenance Housekeeper (Full Time/Evening Shift)
Under the direction of the Manager, Administrative Supervisor, the Maintenance Housekeeper maintains the hospital and hospital owned properties, refinishing/scrubbing floors, shampooing/bonnetting carpet and furniture as well as performing routing housekeeping functions. This includes all major housekeeping projects and moves as well as individual requests.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week, working 2nd shift (4:00pm-12:30am) in the OR area. Every other weekend and holiday rotation.
SIGN ON BONUS: $1,000 with a 2-year commitment to the organization (external applicants only)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, covebase, light fixtures, and windows following universal precautions.
- Refinishes floors, including machine scrubbing and floor stripping, and applies floor finish.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Shampoos furniture and spots/bonnetts/extracts carpet, as necessary.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precautions MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
- Disposes of, transfers, or stores hospital furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions.
- Maintains hospital property and equipment reporting anything in need of repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
- One (1) year of experience operating housekeeping-related equipment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/07/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.