Logistics Specialist: Main Hospital (Full Time)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE, 7am-3:30pm; EOW, EOH. This position is for the Lancaster General downtown hospital.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours/week 7am-3:30pm; EOW, EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with inventory control and inventory movement for supplies and equipment throughout the Supply Chain of Lancaster General Health System. Support Logistics with maintaining proper work schedules and work assignments. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Lancaster General Health System and provides operational support that includes supply and inventory control, and software applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain inventory control for supplies and equipment through cycle counting, par level reviews, par optimization, inventory classifications, and review of inventory and supply issues for the storerooms, par areas, and all other designated inventory locations.
- Logistics site administrator to work with Materials Management, Information Services, and other staff to support inventory control utilizing various software applications such as but not limited to: Lawson, Mobile Supply Chain Management, Q-Sight, Cenistrac, EDI, and Epic.
- Completes and maintains Logistics staff work schedules and job assignments. Ensures adequate coverage for all shifts, weekends and emergency situations.
- Provide data to Materials Management on inventory control, inventory accuracy, and supply and equipment movement to establish more efficient operations.
- Proactively monitors the daily department reports including Invoiced Not Received (INR), Received Not Invoiced (RNI), Lawson Inventory Control and other reports related to Materials Management Activities.
- Assists with establishing, maintaining and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides support as needed with Storeroom and Patient Care Equipment Services day to day activities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Reports discrepancies, problems and concerns to management using proper chain of command.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently follows tracking system procedures for supply and equipment tracking.
- Initial input of equipment tracking data.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED).
- One (1) year experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment.
- One (1) year experience with software applications such as inventory management, equipment tracking, and bar code systems. Computer skills.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Three (3) years experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment.
- Medical inventory and equipment experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/13/2021