Licensed Massage Therapist- .1
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7274 Integrative Modalities
Job Title: Massage Therapist-Temporary
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Temporary casual position for at least one year , 0.1 8 hours per two weeks to cover multiple outpatient sites and Women and Babies Hospital working hours between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm with some weekends and no holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Massage Therapist .The Massage Therapist performs massage therapy and bodywork treatments to patients and clients. Massage Therapists apply a system of structured touch, pressure, movement, holding and treatment of the soft tissue manifestations of the human body while the primary intent is to enhance the health and well-being of the patient. This includes lymphatic techniques, myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and the use of electromechanical devices which mimic or enhance the action of the massage techniques. Provides education and information to clients, coworkers, employer and community groups on the benefits of massage and other holistic modalities. These services are provided through out Lancaster General Health.
Greet patients and or visitors, in a friendly warm manner.
● Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms, if necessary.
● Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client.
● Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
● Effectively communicates and explains procedures appropriate to patient/client needs and preferences.
● Practices appropriate massage techniques. Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
● Maintains patient records and patient satisfaction in accordance with Lancaster General Health’s standards and protocols.
● Maintains therapy room cleanliness and all supplies and equipment for massage therapy. Participates in marketing and community events as requested. Participates with in-service activities for patients, physicians and related hospital departments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● High school diploma/GED
● Completed massage therapy education
● Licensed by the state of Pennsylvania
● Complete the required continuing education hours by the massage therapy board of Pennsylvania
At least 2 years of experience performing massage.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/14/2020