Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor(FT/Days)
Job Title: Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor
This position is located in Columbia, PA
$4,000 sign on minus taxes with a 2 year committment(External Applicants only)
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hours per two weeks Some Telehealth work from home ( up to 40%) hybrid schedule available working days with one evening a week per practise need. No weekends/holidays or on call. Covers the northern region as part of a team covering Family Medicine practices at Norlanco, Columbia, Wrightsville, Mount Joy.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides behavioral health counseling services to patients and their families in the outpatient office setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Counsels individuals, couples, and families with common mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, stress management, substance abuse and psychosocial crisis.
Completes a biopsychosocial assessment on new patients and develops and implements a therapeutic treatment plan with brief, specific, action oriented interventions. Collaborates with other treatment team members in the clinical setting and acts as a resource/consultant on behavioral health issues.
- Develops and facilitates group psycho-educational programs to holistically address medical and mental health needs. Provides in-service training to team members to facilitate increased understanding of behavioral health needs and care.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Completes required documentation in the electronic health record according to regulatory, payer, and departmental documentation standards.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings and participates in the planning, development, implementation and quality improvement of behavioral health services.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (Higher levels of training Psy.D., Ph.D will be considered but are not required.)
- Must be currently licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to practice independently: LCSW, Licensed Psychologist, LPC or LMFT
- Two (2) years’ experience in mental health as a primary therapist, or functional experience in therapeutic relationships as a primary clinician in another level of behavioral health care.
- Two (2) years experience in individual, group or family therapy.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
This position requires a professional license #LI-MD1 #CB
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/15/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.