Learner Support Specialist
PA College Of Health Sciences
9855 Enrollment Services
Under the direction of the Director of Academic Advising, the Learner Support Specialist collaborates in the development, implementation and delivery of learner support services in a learner centered environment that contributes to the success of the college’s students. The Learner Support Specialist (LSS) will possess knowledge of the college advising and academic success models. The primary responsibilities of the LSS are providing learning support, educational planning and discipline-based skill building within a learner centered culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centric environment
- Collaborates in building and managing programs to assist in learner success.
- Collaborates in the planning, organizing and implementation of learner support workshops.
- Performs assessment of learner’s learning needs, academic strengths and risks.
- Works in partnership with the learner success team and College community to promote and enhance student success and retention, evaluate progress and develop individual learning plans
- Monitors student progress throughout their academic career, with periodic evaluation and analysis.
- Recommends mandatory and/or intrusive advising and learning support as needed
- Works together with the academic advisors in the development and delivery of programs, support materials and activities to promote learner success
- Demonstrates competency in the use of learning development strategies.
- Serves as an advocate for student concerns and refers students to appropriate departments and outside community resources as needed.
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions, Financial Services, Registrar, Student Affairs, Enrollment Management Technology and faculty to maintain communication consistency to learners.
- Demonstrates expertise and specializes in success services.
- Collaborates in departmental activity documentation and data collection
- Participates in departmental activity analysis and planning.
- Meets the expectations of the Enrollment Management Division’s Service Level Agreement
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in development and maintenance of a comprehensive system of records and reports related to the learner support services.
- Attends meetings, workshops and conferences related to advising, retention, learning support, professional development or student engagement representing PA College to the public and academic community.
- Participates in College initiatives and supports College mission and goals.
- Maintains professional competency through continuing education and discipline organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM, occasional evenings, as needed.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Education with a concentration on developmental learning and/or bachelor’s degree in Education with a focus on higher education and adult learning
To perform this job successfully…..
- Three (3) years’ experience in developmental and remedial education.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Three (3) years’ experience in developmental learning and/or health care education.
- Intermediate level experience in computer assistive technology.
- Concentrated knowledge of psycho-educational evaluations and reports.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/08/2021