Lead Switchboard/Call Center Operator (Full Time/ Day Shift)
1.0 FTE-Mon-Fri 7:00a-3:30p, some weekends and Holidays may be required as needed for staffing needs.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lead Switchboard Call Center Operator provides daily direction for the Switchboard and Answering Service Call Center, while performing all the essential functions of a Switchboard Operator. The Lead is also responsible for the creation and implementation of monthly schedules and provides administrative functions for the Switchboard Call Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consistently meets standards of all Switchboard Operator job functions.
- Oversees daily operations of the Switchboard Operators, monitoring overall and individual performance. Demonstrates a customer oriented focus and promotes this demeanor amongst the team in order to advance the growth and developmental opportunities of others. Resolves problems and initiates potential solutions in the Switchboard Call Center’s Supervisor’s absence.
- Assigns, activates and recodes all pagers for LGH, WBH, SOP and Answering Service Call Center clients. Ensures spare pagers are available at all times.
- Oversees compilation of LGH departmental on-call schedules and disseminates the 24-hour coverage to appropriate areas.
- Assists with switchboard equipment upgrades, system outages and projects.
- Maintains policies, procedures, and service standards, and enforces the application of these standards. Oversees annual review and change process.
- Creates monthly departmental backup reports and operational statistics, assists with data entry and on-call process. Ensures the practice calendars are up-to-date, as well as Directory updates remains current.
- Prepares staffing schedules and ensures coverage is arranged at all times while following the organization’s guidelines for use of PTB. Assists with time and attendance when necessary.
- Assists with selection of new Switchboard Operators. Supervises the initial training and ongoing competencies of all switchboard operators. Gives input and assists with preparation and administration of Switchboard Operator Performance Appraisals.
- Assists in covering the switchboard in times of shortages.
- Assists department supervisor with huddle activities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists supervisor with administration of departmental and client meetings, including taking, recording and disbursing minutes for these meetings. Ensures continuing education of employees.
- Maintains adequate office supplies and equipment to support Switchboard operations.
- Acts as liaison between Switchboard Call Center and call center clients.
- Assists with operational elements related to EPIC.
- Assists with onboarding of new clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years of switchboard or related customer service experience.
- One (1) year supervisory/leadership experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years computer experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience and familiarity with PC based console and PC based software applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service experience in a healthcare environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/16/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.