Lead Plumber (Full Time/ Day Shift)
LOCATION: Lancaster PA
Hours: Full time, Forty hours a week, Hours from 7:30am-4PM, and includes an on call rotation .
Provide customer service by maintaining and repairing hospital plumbing systems. Provides skills required to install services during project work. Maintains and repairs facility plumbing. Installs, relocates, and tests new plumbing, mechanical systems and equipment for hospital and properties. Order material.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains, repairs, or installs piping and fixtures for drainage systems, including clean out of systems and removal of obstructions.
- Maintains, repairs, or installs domestic heating and cooling water systems, including piping, valves, coils, pumps, system balancing components, etc.
- Repairs or performs rough-in and installation of plumbing fixtures, washer sanitizer, water fountains, etc.
- Repairs or installs steam system components, including piping, traps, strainers, hot water generators, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Services, packs, and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
- Troubleshoots and repairs medical compressed air and vacuum systems and components.
- Maintains and prepares schedules and makes daily work assignments to accommodate all requirements.
- Coordinates all plumbing activities with other Lead Technicians on projects or multidisciplinary tasks and with departments or units in which work is scheduled or in progress.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with subordinates, peers, staff, and customers to expedite workflow, facilitate scheduling, resolve problems, and enhance productivity.
- Monitors job performance of subordinates, administers PMP, and provides technical support and encouragement for trade development and advancement of skills.
- Repairs or installs fire protection sprinkler and water distribution systems and components.
- Reviews prints, prepares sketches, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and submits for review.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for improving plumbing, water, steam, and gas systems operation and equipment.
- Records and maintains applicable documentation for DOH, JACHO and other regulatory bodies.
- Orders required repair and installation materials for maintenance and project purposes.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system to monitor workload, assigned tasks and priority requests.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manufactures replacement parts and gaskets for valves, boilers, heat exchanger, etc. and fabricates brackets for equipment, hanging devices, stands, and supports.
- Performs general metal working and cutting tasks.
- Participates in departmental in-service programs to improve working knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master Plumbing license is required, issued by the Department of Housing, Plumbing Division.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ten (10) years of experience with plumbing installation (sewer).
- Ten (10) years of experience with plumbing installation (supply water system).
- Five (5) years of experience with steam systems.
- Two (2) of experience with heating and cooling systems.
- Two (2) years of experience repairing pumps and motors.
- Two (2) years of welding experience.
- Five (5) years of experience with fine sprinkler systems.
- Five (5) years of experience with MEB gas systems.
- One (1) year of experience with metal.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/23/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.