Lead Plumber (Full-Time 7:30am-4:00pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant - 2
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 40 hours/week 7am-4:30pm; no weekends/holidays
Will require an on-call rotation once every 4 weeks
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide customer service by maintaining and repairing hospital plumbing systems. Provides skills required to install services during project work. Maintains and repairs facility plumbing. Installs, relocates, and tests new plumbing, mechanical systems and equipment for hospital and properties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains, repairs, or installs piping and fixtures for drainage systems, including clean out of systems and removal of obstructions.
- Maintains, repairs, or installs domestic heating and cooling water systems, including piping, valves, coils, pumps, system balancing components, etc.
- Repairs or performs rough-in and installation of plumbing fixtures, washer sanitizer, water fountains, etc.
- Repairs or installs steam system components, including piping, traps, strainers, hot water generators, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Services, packs, and repairs pumps, motors, and valves.
- Troubleshoots and repairs medical compressed air and vacuum systems and components.
- Maintains and prepares schedules and makes daily work assignments to accommodate all requirements.
- Coordinates all plumbing activities with other Lead Technicians on projects or multidisciplinary tasks and with departments or units in which work is scheduled or in progress.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with subordinates, peers, staff, and customers to expedite workflow, facilitate scheduling, resolve problems, and enhance productivity.
- Monitors job performance of subordinates, administers PMP, and provides technical support and encouragement for trade development and advancement of skills.
- Repairs or installs fire protection sprinkler and water distribution systems and components.
- Reviews prints, prepares sketches, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and submits for review.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for improving plumbing, water, steam, and gas systems operation and equipment.
- Records and maintains applicable documentation for DOH, JACHO and other regulatory bodies.
- Orders required repair and installation materials for maintenance and project purposes.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master Plumbing license is required, issued by the Department of Housing, Plumbing Division.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ten (10) years of experience with plumbing installation (sewer).
- Ten (10) years of experience with plumbing installation (supply water system).
- Five (5) years of experience with steam systems.
- Two (2) of experience with heating and cooling systems.
- Two (2) years of experience repairing pumps and motors.
- Two (2) years of welding experience.
- Five (5) years of experience with fine sprinkler systems.
- Five (5) years of experience with MEB gas systems.
- One (1) year of experience with metal.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/27/2021