Lead Office Nurse (LPN/RN) - Twin Rose Family Medicine - SIGN-ON BONUS (Full time, 40 hrs/wk)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Medical Grp
8500 Twin Rose-Columbia
Twin Rose- Patient Care -2
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
The LEAD Office Nurse will be the main point of contact for all clinical questions/inquiries from clinical staff on the floor. The Lead will report directly to the Nurse Supervisor. The Lead will run providers and remain engaged in direct patient care.
- This is a full time position, totaling 40 hours per week during office hours.
- 4 (10 hour) days, rotating evening and occasional Saturday every 6-8 wks.
- Occasional travel is expected between Columbia and Wrightsville office locations.
Business Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-9pm, Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 8am-12pm
Shifts: 730am-6pm or 12pm-9pm, Saturdays are 730am-12pm
This position is located in Columbia, Pa.
Office Nurses at Lancaster General Health are an integral part of the healthcare team in our outpatient practices, providing a coordinated and holistic approach to care through our patient centered model. We partner with the Providers and Medical Assistants in the delivery of patient care and positively impact the lives of our patients.
Through a supportive and collaborative environment, we are encouraged to advance our skills, expand our clinical knowledge and pursue professional growth. Additionally, we serve our providers, patients and their families by rooming patients, taking vital signs, reviewing medications, providing clinical advice via triage protocols and providing lifestyle education. As an Office Nurse, we have the opportunity to participate in weekly huddles and are empowered to share new and innovative ideas, influencing clinical practice within our own department as well as the overarching health system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for all clinical staff. Provides guidance and assistance to clinical staff as necessary.
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Greets and shows patients to exam room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Following established rooming standards, verifies patient information by interviewing the patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Reviews and updates current medication list making changes as needed. Addresses medication concerns with patient and provides education on possible side effects.
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Implements standing orders as established by the medical group.
- Performs various tests upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments and vision tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider.
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as necessary.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists provider and patient in reviewing and revising care plans and assesses patient progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides input into performance evaluations for clinical staff as requested by practice management.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of nursing experience in a primary or specialty care physician’s office.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience in a clinical setting.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/09/2021