Lead Customer Service Specialist (Emergency Registration 2:45pm-11:15pm)
Lancaster General Hospital
4560 Emergency Medicine
Admissions Office- Registration Emergency Department
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists supervisor/manager in daily operations of Patient Access departments. Responsibilities include employee training, time keeping and completing and preparing reporting documents. Performs quality and assurance data checks to support quantitative measures for the department. Acts as a first line resource for staff and resolves complex registration issues. Reviews daily workloads to include assisting in the oversight of daily operations of the department. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Serves as the first line resource for registration staff. Maintains a thorough knowledge of staff procedures for the purpose of staff coverage.
Performs all job functions of the Registration staff, including but not limited to, insurance verification and scheduling. Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all areas of Registration.
Provides orientation for new employees and offers feedback to supervisor/manager throughout onboarding process. Provides on-going training to employees, maintains training, policy and procedure manuals, and disseminates information to staff.
Informs supervisor/manager of any problems or issues pertaining to, but not limited to, registration or scheduling polices or processes.
Completes quality assurance checks for staff and department as directed by supervisor/manager. Assists with reviews of authorization denial data.
Provides feedback to supervisor/manager for Annual Performance Reviews.
Assists in overseeing daily work output to include adjustment of break periods as needed, controls periods of non-productivity and ensures daily operational goals are met.
Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of customers, operational team, and leadership team.
Serves as point person for software and process questions or concerns. In conjunction with Supervisor or Manager, facilitates resolution of issues. Prepares and disseminates effective communication of issue resolution to staff.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Assists with interview processes of potential employees.
- Assists with any special projects as assigned.
- Assists or compiles information for applicable management reports.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- One (1) year experience as a Customer Service Specialist.
- One (1) year experience in Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred.
GENERAL EDUCATION – LANGUAGE ABILITY: The following levels of ability are necessary to deliver, understand, and apply language:
- Ability to use common vocabulary; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation; to read instructions, basic safety rules, etc.
- Ability to print simple sentences containing object, verb, and object; series of numbers, names and addresses.
- Ability to communicate in simple sentences, using normal word order and present and past tenses; using a limited vocabulary.
GENERAL EDUCATION – MATHEMATICS ABILITY: The following levels of ability are necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem-solving situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with coins as part of a dollar.
- Ability to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, yard, ounce and pound (and/or their metric counterparts).
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Continuously
- Stand: Seldom
- Walk: Seldom
- Bend: Seldom
- Push: Seldom
- Pull: Seldom
- Kneel/Squat: Seldom
- Reach: Seldom
- Twist: Seldom
- Balance: Seldom
- Climb: Seldom
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 03/04/2020