Lead Contact Center Specialist (Full Time/ Day Shift)
Full-time, Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM. Remote hybrid schedule available at time of successful completion of introductory period.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists supervisor/manager in daily operations of Patient Access departments. Responsibilities include employee training, time keeping and completing and preparing reporting documents. Performs quality and assurance data checks to support quantitative measures for the department. Acts as a first line resource for staff and resolves complex registration issues. Reviews daily workloads to include assisting in the oversight of daily operations of the department. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs all job functions of the Contact Center Specialist staff, including but not limited to, scheduling, resignation and insurance verification and scheduling. Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all areas of Outpatient and Physician scheduling and provides coverage as needed to meet Service Level goals.
- Primary Resource for internal customers regarding complaints and concerns and escalated resource for external customer issues. Remains professional and builds effective relationships with key customers.
- Monitors real time team performance to drive service level goals. Prepares reports to assess individual staff performance and accuracy and provides feedback to Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists Supervisor in monitoring Contact Center Specialist phone calls for call quality and accuracy when additional call monitoring support is needed.
- Provides feedback to supervisor/manager for Annual Performance Reviews. Assists with Interview process.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of customers, operational team, and leadership team.
- Serves as point person for software and process questions or concerns. In conjunction with Supervisor or Manager, facilitates resolution of issues. Prepares and disseminates effective communication of issue resolution to staff.
- Assists with any special projects as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Oversees orientation and training for new employees and offers feedback to supervisor/manager throughout onboarding process when the Contact Center Trainer is not available or needs additional training support.
- Certified EPIC trainer for CAD 102 and/or 112. Assist in EPIC training for Contact Center staff for Contact Center Trainer when he/she is not available or needs additional support. Conduct the CAD 102 or 112 class, monitor and score the assessment and arrange for access through the Primary Trainer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year experience as a Customer Service Specialist.
- One (1) year experience in Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment. A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Associates degree.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred.
- One (1) year of leadership experience (formal or informal)
- EPIC Certified to train CAD 102 and/or CAD 112. Certification is required at time of hire or within 12 months from hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/16/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.