Lead Cabling Technician
Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 8:00am-5:00pm but hours could change based on projects.
Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
The Lead Technician will work with small team or alone to install cables (Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, RJ45), wireless access points, and other Low Voltage equipment. An ideal candidate would be career-oriented and would possess a strong work ethic. Lead cabling technicians must be proficient with hand/power tools, wiring/cabling and termination, fiber optic terminations and IT room/Data center build out Lead cabling technicians must be proficient with hand/power tools, wiring/cabling and termination, fiber optic terminations and IT room/Data center build out.
- Manage job site activity.
- Facilitates cross-functional communications and cooperation with internal departments, service partners, facilities and construction.
- Physically install Cat5 and Cat6 Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Install outlets; pull cables; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate feeders in intermediate distribution frame IDF closets. Follow industry codes, regulations, standards.
- Follow all Infection Control Risk Assessment and (ICRA) HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Communicates , verbally and in writing with peers, staff and customers to expedite workflow, scheduling, resolve problems and enhance productivity.
- Perform site surveys and conduct visual site inspections.
- Review prints, drawings, or layout information for new installations or modifications and diagnostics.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies ( including electrical, HVAC, water, stream plumbing and Telecommunications.
- Proficiently work with wiring backbone, both fiber and copper driven systems, punch down blocks 66/110, Cat5/6, RJ45, and crimping tools.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multi mode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders up to 30 feet in length.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree OR 5 years equivalent work experience installing, testing and troubleshooting cabling.
- Wiring certification within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license.
- MUST be willing to travel locally.
- Knowledge of wireless access points.
- Able to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Able to be scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures.
- Fiber Optic certifications.
This position requires a valid PA Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Report.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 08/26/2019