Lead Account Resolution Specialist (Full Time/ Day shift)
1 FTE, 40 hrs Mon-Fri 8:30 am -5 pm, no weekends or holidays, remote work, flex schedule options available
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist Supervisor in daily operations of the Account Resolution Units of Patient Financial Service. Responsibilities include employee training, time keeping, complete reports/projects, act as first line resource for staff, review daily adjustments, and serve as backup to the Supervisor in his/her absence.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Mon-Fri 8:30 am -5 pm, no weekends or holidays, remote work, and flex schedule options available
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serve as the primary resource for the AR Staff.
- Provide training to employees.
- Provide orientation for any new employee from other areas of the department.
- Inform Supervisor of any problems or issues.
- Cover for Supervisor as needed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of staff processes with the capability of filling in when needed.
- Assist Account Resolution Specialists in resolving issues and help them maintain their worklists so they are done timely and accurately.
- Review adjustments/transfer daily for accuracy.
- Provide periodic staff updates to the Supervisor.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Process and follow special accounts for resolution.
- Serve as back-up for time and attendance recording as needed.
- Assist with compiling information for monthly management reports.
- Assist with any special projects as assigned.
- Assist Supervisor with the interview process of potential employees.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply strong analytical qualities.
- Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in hospital, billing or finances.
- One (2) to two (2) years of experience as a lead in a team environment.
- Associate’s Degree
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/21/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.