Lancaster General Hospital
2550 Laundry and Linen Service
Laundry and Linen Service
POSITION SUMMARY: Folds, sorts, inspects and stacks clean linens. Feeds or relieves at the flatwork ironer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Folds, sorts, inspects and stacks all clean hospital linens.
- Assists in the operation of the flatwork ironer.
- Folds, sorts and scans all O.R. linens.
- Operates the towel and gown small-piece folder.
- Delivers clean linen carts to Nursing Areas.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in linen distribution area.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION - The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
• Task completion requires maximum concentration.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY - The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
• There is requirement for new learning and task demands are numerous and ongoing.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING - The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
• The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is demanding. The individual must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex job instructions. Most aspects of the position, and the actions taken to resolve them, are repetitive in nature.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Ironer, towel machine, spread-feeder, patching machine, telephone, broom, dustpan.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Extreme Temperatures
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 03/17/2020