Laundry Manager (Full Time/ Day shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises, manages, and administers the operation of the Laundry Department to manage the planning, organizing, managing and controlling of linen processing, distribution and repair for all Hospital linens.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift (6am - 2:30pm)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop work assignments and determines the order of priority of work to be accomplished. Develop scheduling of Laundry personnel to assure that all areas are adequately staffed, making adjustments, if necessary, due to vacations, holidays, absences, etc. Develops supervisory duties of subordinates to aid in accomplishing all necessary duties.
- Interviews and makes final decisions as to the employment of all Laundry personnel. Recommends suspension and/or termination as required. Responsible for the motivation, morale, and counseling of all personnel.
- Responsible for Salary Administration Process and other records of absences/tardiness, etc. Prepares and is responsible for the completion of all personnel performance evaluations.
- Maintains quality control by conducting formal and informal inspection tours of all Hospital and affiliated areas as necessary, to determine that all linen needs are met. Initiates corrective action of any infractions of regulatory or accreditation standards.
- Sets up and maintain in-service training programs in cooperation with the Human Resources Business Partner the Director of Safety and Regulatory Compliance, for all Laundry personnel. Interprets and implements hospital emergency plans instructing all Laundry personnel as to their role.
- Coordinates and cooperates with leadership and all departments, resolving, clarifying, and interpreting policies and procedures as related to laundry responsibilities or functions including the establishment of Service Standards. Represents Laundry at administrative meetings.
- Develop departmental goals encompassing Customer Service, Quality, Productivity and Fiscal performance.
- Develops department budget, monitors and manages expenses within established budget to achieve goals, identifies opportunities for improved fiscal performance, and regularly reports on progress.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Prepares and/or revises written procedures and technical guides/manuals with respect to Laundry functions.
- Responsible for requisitioning of all Laundry materials and supplies from the storeroom and or orders from vendors. Initiates purchase requisitions for materials and supplies that are not stock items. Responsible for reviewing and testing new products/equipment, and making recommendations/evaluations of same as to the suitability of the item for use of the hospital and affiliated areas.
- Directs the movement of Laundry within the hospital and affiliates areas.
- Possesses a working knowledge of SDS, and universal precautions. Keep abreast of the latest technical developments and interpersonal/leadership skills through continuing education.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Five (5) years healthcare Laundry experience preferred.
- Five (5) years management experience in healthcare Laundry preferred.
- Communication/leadership skills.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/21/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.