Laboratory Services Coordinator- Willow Lakes Outpatient Center (40 hours/week- Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is primarily located at Willow Lakes lab testing with support to Walter Aument Lab Testing. Primarily Monday-Friday day shift, with evenings and every 4th Saturday. No Sundays or major holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of support functions for the Lab. Specializes in phlebotomy and full patient registration, as well as other specimen preparation and collection duties. Maintains required competency skills in the areas of expertise required for the specific work area. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
This position is primarily located at Willow Lakes lab testing with support to Walter Aument Lab Testing.
ABOUT: This position is primarily located at Willow Lakes lab testing with support to Walter Aument Lab Testing. Primarily Monday-Friday day shift, with evenings and every 4th Saturday. No Sundays or major holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs core functions as needed on a regular basis.
- Monitors and contributes to the performance evaluation of staff. Interacts with Supervisor/Manager to resolve performance problems.
- Interacts with Laboratory, Laboratory Testing, physician office staff, and extended care facility staff to resolve incidental problems or concerns. Reports these to Director, Manager or Supervisor as indicated by nature of the problem. Implements or assists in implementing solutions. Documents problems and issues on appropriate forms.
- Keeps abreast of daily workload of the department and effectively adjusts staff schedule to balance and expedite the workflow for maximum productivity.
- Monitors and reports team behaviors and performance to the Supervisor or Manager regularly with supportive documentation. Dissolves crisis situations within the team in a calm and effective manner.
- Keeps Supervisor or Manager informed of potential problems concerning operations and conflicts or issues among staff and/or with extended care facility clients.
- Assists management in evaluating, changing, developing, and implementing processes to provide ongoing customer service improvements.
- Complies with customer service standards.
- Maintains working knowledge of clinical information systems as well as front end registration processes.
- Performs additional job functions appropriate to area as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Instructs employees, students, and cross-trainers in area of expertise. Documents training.
- Coordinates orientation programs for new employees.
- Within a team setting, develops working and on-call schedules and job assignments.
- Assesses equipment failure, performs troubleshooting operations, and initiates maintenance or service requests via electronic forms.
- Prepares departmental time and attendance for managerial approval.
- Monitors and maintains departmental supplies with sensitivity to the budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP) or 3 years phlebotomy experience if performing phlebotomy duties.
- Valid PA Driver’s License for travel to other facilities.
- Three (3) years of lab experience.
- CPR certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Ability to type.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/13/2021