Laboratory Services Coordinator (Full Time/Days)
1.0 FTE 40 hours a week. Operating hours are Mon-Fri 6:30-6pm. Every 4th Saturday rotation 7:00-11:00am no Sundays or Holidays
Schedule: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday between hours of 6:30AM-6PM. Every 4th Saturday rotation 7AM-11AM. No Sundays or holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of support functions for the Lab. Specializes in phlebotomy and full patient registration, as well as other specimen preparation and collection duties. Maintains required competency skills in the areas of expertise required for the specific work area. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs core functions as needed on a regular basis.
- Monitors and contributes to the performance evaluation of staff. Interacts with Supervisor/Manager to resolve performance problems.
- Interacts with Laboratory, Laboratory Testing, physician office staff, and extended care facility staff to resolve incidental problems or concerns. Reports these to Director, Manager or Supervisor as indicated by nature of the problem. Implements or assists in implementing solutions. Documents problems and issues on appropriate forms.
- Keeps abreast of daily workload of the department and effectively adjusts staff schedule to balance and expedite the workflow for maximum productivity.
- Monitors and reports team behaviors and performance to the Supervisor or Manager regularly with supportive documentation. Dissolves crisis situations within the team in a calm and effective manner.
- Keeps Supervisor or Manager informed of potential problems concerning operations and conflicts or issues among staff and/or with extended care facility clients.
- Assists management in evaluating, changing, developing, and implementing processes to provide ongoing customer service improvements.
- Complies with customer service standards.
- Maintains working knowledge of clinical information systems as well as front end registration processes.
- Performs additional job functions appropriate to area as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Instructs employees, students, and cross-trainers in area of expertise. Documents training.
- Coordinates orientation programs for new employees.
- Within a team setting, develops working and on-call schedules and job assignments.
- Assesses equipment failure, performs troubleshooting operations, and initiates maintenance or service requests via electronic forms.
- Prepares departmental time and attendance for managerial approval.
- Monitors and maintains departmental supplies with sensitivity to the budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
- Licensure as a Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP) or 3 years phlebotomy experience if performing phlebotomy duties.
- Valid PA Driver’s License for travel to other facilities.
- Three (3) years of lab experience.
- CPR certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Ability to type.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/17/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.