Laboratory Quality Analyst
Lancaster General Hospital
Laboratory Quality Analyst
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hr/2week working dayshift Monday through Friday on dayshift . No holidays and rare weekends other varied shifts are possible for education or auditing.
Coordinates, evaluates and monitors the Laboratory and Blood Bank Quality Plan, quality systems and the implementation of all quality improvement processes and procedures throughout LGH, WBH and Ambulatory Laboratories/Blood Banks. Assists in planning and monitoring of quality assurance and quality control policies and activities. Provides accreditation, regulatory and licensure guidance to system laboratories for compliance. Conducts laboratory auditing for laboratory compliance, quality improvement, ISO 15189, TJC, CAP, AABB and federal and state regulatory agencies in order to maintain compliant laboratory operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In conjunction with Laboratory and Ambulatory Leadership Teams, designs and implements quality programs, metrics, audits and monitoring systems.
- Maintains knowledge of quality requirements and standards for accreditation and regulatory agencies including CAP, AABB, TJC, PA State, CLIA, ISO:15189 and other agencies. Maintains accreditation readiness organization-wide laboratory licensed locations.
- Prepares and coordinates statistical reports to demonstrate process improvements and quality actions for regulatory review. Tracks and trends data while guiding correction action and follow up. Produce graphical tools for presentation when indicated.
- Initiates and leads project management for projects associated with compliance and accreditation activities. Leads analysis and performance improvement activities across the organization for Laboratory and Blood Bank locations. Implements accreditation projects in association with Laboratory operations.
- Develops and writes policies and procedures required for regulatory compliance and laboratory operations.
- Serves as a consultant and knowledge resource for LGMG, physician practices, all ambulatory services, nursing and laboratory for laboratory, blood bank and testing/quality standards.
- Leads licensure and registration of regulated laboratory sites so that proper licensure is current and renewed. Serves as lead for initial onsite inspections as needed.
- Monitors and coordinates with lab leadership the implementation of corrective action plans as a result of occurrence tracking, quality monitoring and audit assessments. Participate in improved workflow processes and analyses for redesigning Process Improvements as necessary.
- Assist in quality control and test result review to assess error and trends in data. Implements quality control analysis.
- Designs and performs auditing and develops new systems for implementation to meet certification, accreditation, compliance, licensure and accrediting body standards.
- Coordinates training and special classes, conferences and meetings for staff performance and quality implementation.
- Is responsible for oversight of quality and management reviews of work processes to identify opportunities for improvement and lean improvements. Writes and communicates management reports with lab leadership teams to meet regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in an allied health field.
- Medical Technologist certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver's license.
- Five (5) years laboratory or healthcare experience.
This job requires a Motor Vehicle Background Check
This job requires a license or certification
Posted on 09/06/2019