Lancaster General Hospital
5012 LAB-Core Laboratory
Laboratory - Core Lab
Job Description: Laboratory Assistant
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Full-time, 0.8, working 64 hours in a two week period of time in the Core Lab at Lancaster General Hospital. Work four days a week 3:00pm-11:30 pm with every fourth weekend working Saturday 7:00am to 3:30 pm.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Processes patient specimens and performs technical and clerical tasks in various areas of the laboratory. These tasks include, but are not limited to, gross room assistance, cytology specimen processing, microbiology specimen planting, Corelab processing, Point-of-Care and Reference Testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Identifies specimens and accurately matches identification parameters. Correctly labels all specimen types. Takes action to reconcile identification concerns.
- Competently processes specimens within specified lab area.
- Performs clerical functions such as answering the phone, checking physician orders on requisitions and document filing.
- Enters specimen information and related data into laboratory information system (LIS).
- Identifies and resolves problems within area of expertise.
- Ability to operate instrumentation appropriate to specified lab area.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 07/24/2020
- Six (6) months employment in a healthcare setting.
- Six (6) months receptionist/clerical /data entry experience in a healthcare setting with medical terminology, and computer experience.
- Ability to perform tasks using Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and other applicable computer programs.