Lab Student Intern(Casual/Eve)
Job Title: Lab Student Intern(Casual, Evening)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Casual, 0.1 , working at least 8 hours per two weeks. This position is for Medical Lab Technology students only. Two Positions available, one in the Core Lab at Lancaster General Hospital working weekdays 3:00pm-5:30pm and one in the Blood Donor Center at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion working Mondays 4:00pm-7:30pm and Wednesday and Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm will work with school schedule. This is a temporary position until you would graduate or leave the program.
A Laboratory Student Intern contributes to laboratory operations through tasks and responsibilities that support the areas of Phlebotomy, Core lab, Microbiology, Blood Bank (Donor and Transfusion), Point of Care, Pathology, or Reference Testing. These are all areas in which the student is pursuing the educational requirements for a clinical certification at the time of employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supports the laboratory by performing specific tasks from other positions as assigned.
- Performs initial evaluation and handling of incoming specimens: separation, centrifugation and preservation procedures; sorts and organizes specimen batches.
- Organizes, labels and numbers specimen, worksheets, and appropriate test materials in test set-up. Measures and dispenses specimens and reagents in test system.
- Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally. Answers telephone and communicates information, including clinical information, as appropriate. Accurately documents information in multiple computer systems as well as on paper logs and checklists.
- Observes laboratory safety practices and meets regulatory requirements within scope of experience.
- Displays the values and Every Time Behaviors of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Enrollment in a bachelors or associates degree program to obtain certification in a clinical laboratory science (for example: CLS, MLT, CT, HT)
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/07/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.