Lab Services Representative - LGH (40 hrs per week)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5013 LAB-Support Services
Laboratory - Support Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Full Time: 40 hrs per week. Mon-Fri day shift / midshift hours. Rare weekends/holidays.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA at Lancaster General Hospital
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lab Services Representative’s primary task is to serve as an access point and guide to the laboratory, primarily through telecommunications. This position will help to facilitate the navigation of customers through the laboratory and is responsible to resolve common issues or escalate them as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serve and guide laboratory customers according to their needs primarily via phone or electronic forms of communication.
- Facilitate customer requests including but not limited to reporting of results, information changes, billing considerations, concerns of service failure and other duties needed to provide customer satisfaction.
- Employs judgment and experience to facilitate the most efficient response to customer inquiry or need.
- Effectively utilize resources, including computer systems and software, subject matter experts, and documentation.
- Employs acceptable strategies to defuse agitated customer situations and negotiate and persuade positive outcomes.
- Accurately documents contact history and maintains appropriate tracking and documentation of issues and communication.
- Assists in analysis of problems, trending repetitive issues and engages in problem resolution design and implementation.
- Serves as liaison to laboratory staff, organizational entities, hospital departments, patients, and physicians.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Optimizes department quality, regulatory compliance, and productivity by monitoring related quality indicators.
- Provides training and coaching to customers, new hires, and less experienced staff in and outside the call center.
- Provides support to other laboratory areas as needed including, but not limited to, laboratory billing and administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One year hospital experience
- One year experience in customer service or telecommunications
- Previous medical or clinical laboratory background
- Medical billing experience helpful
- Medical Terminology helpful
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/15/2020