LPN - Emergency Department (Full-Time 0.9/Evening Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
4560 Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine- Nursing Management
Hours: Full-time 0.9 FTE (72 hrs/2 weeks); evening shift; 12-hr shifts; 11am-11pm; every 3rd weekend (12-hr shifts; 11am-11pm); 3/6 holidays per year.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse for the Emergency Department.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse and within the auspices of Practical Nurse license. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
The LPN in the ED Waiting Room serves as an integral member of the Emergency Department team. Responsibilities include: rounding on patients in the ED waiting room ensuring patient safety, providing non-pharmacological comfort measures, and maintaining excellent communication with patients and families.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Gathers relevant patient information pertinent for the nursing assessment and assists the RN in developing and modifying the plan of care.
- Organizes and implements designated nursing interventions and basic patient hygiene and comfort measures.
- Assists physicians with implementing the medical treatment regime.
- Evaluates and reports to the RN the status of, and changes in the patient's condition.
- Documents pertinent information and nursing actions and outcomes in the medical record.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in managing emergency patient situations following established protocols and under the guidance of the RN.
- Assists the RN in implementing patient/significant others' teaching plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current license as a Practical Nurse, issued by a program for practical nursing accredited by the PA State Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification required
- One (1) year of hospital/clinical experience
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 02/01/2020