LPN - Downtown Family Medicine (36 hrs/wk, 4 - nine hr days, no weekends)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7030 Downtown Family Medicine
Downtown Family Medicine- Patient Care
HOURS: 36 hrs/wk, 4 nine hour days per week (7:45 am to 5:15 pm), no weekends/holidays
This position is located in downtown Lancaster, PA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse and within the auspices of the licensure. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Gathers relevant patient information pertinent for the nursing assessment and assists the RN in developing and modifying the plan of care.
- Organizes and implements designated nursing interventions and basic patient hygiene and comfort measures.
- Assists physicians with implementing the medical treatment regime.
- Evaluates and reports to the RN the status of, and changes in the patient's condition.
- Documents pertinent information and nursing actions and outcomes in the medical record.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in managing emergency patient situations following established protocols and under the guidance of the RN.
- Assists the RN in implementing patient/significant others' teaching plans.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, issued by a program for practical nursing accredited by the PA State Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification required
- One (1) year of hospital/clinical experience
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/17/2020