Intake Specialist - Horizon Healthcare Services
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Full Time: 80hrs/wks; M-F day shift with one evening shift per week until 6:00pm; one Saturday every 6 weeks.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine, Horizon Healthcare Services is currently seeking an Intake Specialist. The Intake Specialist assists with intake processing by fielding phone calls, contacting referrals for information, data-entering information, scheduling nursing visits and following-up with patients. The hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday with one evening per week (shift ending at 6:00pm). This position also requires one Saturday every sixth week working 8:30am – 5:00 pm; a day off will be given during that week. This position is located at Burle Business Park with Horizon Healthcare Services.
- Accurately and in a timely fashion processes new patient referrals and enters data into the electronic record.
- Accurately verifies patient insurance coverage, records findings, and communicates to others appropriately.
- Communicates with HHS staff time of patient start and specifies needs (in a complete & accurate manner) in a timely fashion.
- Prioritizes work according to referral requirements and deadlines. Works to exceed established productivity standards/goals.
- Enters new physician information and diagnosis codes as required into the electronic record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of general office experience or equivalent training. Medical office, medical records, or pharmacy technician experience & familiarity with medical/pharmaceutical terminology preferred.
- Minimum two years of data entry/computer experience.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/09/2020