Intake Specialist - Horizon Healthcare Services
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Full Time: 80hrs/wks; M-F day shift; Every 6th Weekend
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine, Horizon Healthcare Services is currently seeking an Intake Specialist. The Intake Specialist assists with intake processing by fielding phone calls, contacting referrals for information, data-entering information, scheduling nursing visits and following-up with patients. The hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday with one evening per week (shift ending at 6:00pm). This position also requires one Saturday every sixth week working 8:30am – 5:00 pm; a day off will be given during that week. This position is located at Burle Business Park with Horizon Healthcare Services.
- Accurately and in a timely fashion processes new patient referrals and enters data into the electronic record.
- Accurately verifies patient insurance coverage, records findings, and communicates to others appropriately.
- Communicates with HHS staff time of patient start and specifies needs (in a complete & accurate manner) in a timely fashion.
- Prioritizes work according to referral requirements and deadlines. Works to exceed established productivity standards/goals.
- Enters new physician information and diagnosis codes as required into the electronic record.
Posted on 05/29/2020
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of general office experience or equivalent training. Medical office, medical records, or pharmacy technician experience & familiarity with medical/pharmaceutical terminology preferred.
- Minimum two years of data entry/computer experience.