Intake LPN-Horizon Healthcare Services (full time)
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Hours: Full Time; 1.0 FTE (40hrs/wk); Monday - Friday with varying shifts of 8:30am - 5:00pm or 9:30am- 6:00pm- Every third weekend
This position is located at the Burle Industries Building located in Lancaster, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Assist with intake processing by fielding phone calls, contacting referrals for information, data-entering information, scheduling nursing visits and following-up with patients. Reviews physician orders and serves as a clinical resource for the department.
- Accurately and in a timely fashion processes new patient referrals and enters data into the electronic record.
- Communicates with HHS staff time of patient start and specifies needs (in a complete & accurate manner) in a timely fashion.
- Prioritizes work according to referral requirements and deadlines. Works to exceed established productivity standards/goals.
- Enters new physician information and diagnosis codes as required into the electronic record.
- Procures nursing services for HHS or ancillary providers and coordinates the start of care with providers.
- Reviews physician orders for completeness and communicates additional needs
- Serves as a clinical resource for the department
- Pulls and assembles standard packet documents, referral documents, and teaching sheets (if applicable) for each referral.
- Ensures elements on intake checklist are completed accurately and within identified timeframes for each patient. Shares concerns with supervisor.
- Understands the content/usage of all reports used to facilitate workflow.
- Uses good judgment & initiative when faced with problems, issues or assignments for which clear instruction may not be available.
- Identifies and assists in developing quality indicators and data retrieval tools.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities by assisting with monitoring and data retrieval as required.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, recommends improvements in processes based on PI monitoring activities.
- Accurately tracks pending referrals by maintaining the potential new start list in accordance with established procedures.
- Is proactive in problem-solving incomplete information to eliminate errors later in the process.
- Demonstrates a high degree of organizational skills by keeping a neat work area & maintaining organized files and records.
- Consistently communicates appropriate information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Communicates with supervisor and other staff areas of concern and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Develops effective working relationships with referral sources, office staff, and other departments.
- Displays flexibility, adaptability and a positive attitude by willingly assisting and covering the assignments of other staff in their absence or unavailability.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Pennsylvania Licensed Practical Nurse license
- At least two (2) years clinical experience required.
- Data entry and network computer experience required
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Intake, UM or homecare experience is preferred.
Posted on 07/15/2019