Information Systems Specialist II - College
PA College Of Health Sciences
9874 Service Delivery
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Service Delivery, the Information Systems Specialist II exercises discretion and independent judgment in analyzing the College’s business needs at the individual and aggregate levels, with the goal of providing computing and technology solutions to those business needs. Acts as system administrator and account manager for a variety of College systems. Function as a technology resource and personal educational resource for all students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in analyzing the College’s business needs at the individual level, consulting with users to determine hardware, software, and system functional specifications that meet those needs, and recommending appropriate computing and/or technology solutions.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in analyzing the College’s business needs at the aggregate level, consulting with groups of users to determine hardware, software, and system functional specifications that meet those needs, and recommending appropriate computing and/or technology solutions.
- In conjunction with the Director, Service Delivery, and based upon a thorough awareness of current trends in computing, proactively plan for the growth of the College’s information infrastructure to meet future business needs, even before those needs have been recognized by the users of computing resources.
- Based on consultations with users, and in conjunction with the Director, Service Delivery, design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, and modify computer systems, computer processes, or technology systems that provide solutions to business needs.
- Provide for the ongoing education of computer users by communicating clearly and effectively, documenting processes thoroughly, and providing individual in-service training sessions as needed.
- Act as system administrator and account manager for a variety of College information systems, applying the techniques and procedures of systems analysis to ensure the proper functioning of those systems (to include, but not limited to, Blackboard, Canvas, Colleague, SQL Server, Office 365, Zoom, VMWare, Crestron, Crystal Reports, SharePoint, the College server, and the College website.
- Act as liaison to the Lancaster General (LG) Information Systems Department to assist as necessary with account management for a variety of LG information systems used by the College (to include, but not limited to, the Network, Knowledge Link, Email, Remote Access, DNS, EPIC, Kronos, Citrix, and Starnet.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of Information Systems documentation, records, and reports.
- Communicate effectively with Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine’s Information Systems Department.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proactively employ techniques and practices to assure the integrity and security of the computing operations of the College.
- Assist with the regular, consistent maintenance of the College’s computing, printing, and audiovisual inventory.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with software licensing, copyright law and user access policies of the College.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of current trends in the areas of computer software and hardware, networking, licensing and ethical requirements related to computer hardware and software, through participation in related conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Assist with the management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the College’s network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Represent the College on technology committees in the community and within Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine.
- Participate in College initiatives and decision-making processes.
- Support the mission and goals of the College.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent of related work experience
To perform this job successfully….
- Three years successful experiences in user support services, computer account management, academic computing, networks, and microcomputers, preferably in a college environment
- Majority of experience is with Microsoft Windows operating system
- Knowledge of current trends in computing and information systems
- Strong service orientation
- Capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/13/2021