Imaging Service Representative - Breast Center (32 hrs/week)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7673 Mammography At Breast Center
Mammography at Breast Center
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains department radiological records. Assembles and dispenses all radiologic records for interpretation, inter-departmental use, or loaned to an outside institution or physician. Provides service to referring physicians in locating and providing desired records for review and consultation. Receives requests for verbal or written reports; prioritizes and supplies requestors with information. Receives patients and visitors into the department. Processes radiology requests and forms, maintains the patient record file, receives and directs telephone calls, and schedules patient exams. Prepares images for interpretation by radiologists. Facilitates the general flow of cases from the file room through to dictation, for ER, routine Inpatients and Outpatient studies. Facilitates the functions/work flow of the reading room to expedite report delivery.
This position is 32 hrs/week located at the Breast Center at the Suburban Pavilion. Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays, no holiday or call.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares films for interpretation. Determines type of exam and pulls correct previous files and reports for comparison. Prepares master folder, inserts, and report folder with current information. Places films and folder into appropriate bins for dictation according to type of procedure or radiologist involved. Monitors Hold and unresulted lists and expedites the reading of those images. Troubleshoots and track film movement via computer system adjusting film jacket to proper location.
- Able to obtain report from all dictation systems – auditory or transcribed and is able to translate or fax to physicians or office staff utilizing proper patient privacy procedures
- Files master and insert folders according to procedures in a timely manner so as not to compromise patient care and has a complete understanding of the current filing system. Retrieve films and master jackets from within the Radiology Department and/or nursing floors and process them accordingly. Troubleshoot & track film movement via computer system adjusting film jacket to proper location.
- Receives telephone calls into Imaging Center and where necessary, prioritizes as related to patient care for return to caller. Obtain appropriate information from caller to follow though on request.
- Assists physicians in obtaining radiology file jacket by determining data and location of last exam. Process films for sign-out of Radiology Department, ensuring only dictated films are loaned to the outside. Documents proper tracking for accurate retrieval. Assists patients in obtaining radiology file for loan or duplication of records for physicians’ offices.
- Prints & prepares duplicate radiographs and reports for physicians’ offices and patients. Prepares films for subpoenas and other legal requests when necessary.
- Understands and is able to use all relevant computer/imaging systems.
- Communicates with all customers – physicians & office staff, patients, & fellow employees in a professional manner always keeping customer service as top priority.
- Relays preliminary reports to appropriate destinations. Hangs routine IP and OP films at appropriate locations for review. Assist radiologists with communication needs (paging / phones calls) pertinent to patients and referring physicians. Verifies exams are dictated using the appropriate computer/telephone systems.
- Understands and is able to implement all downtime procedures.
- Assists with the entry of Mobilex orders for outside film interpretation.
- Understands HIPPA law and regulations to prevent violations of privacy.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains neatness and orderliness of workstation.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Participates in Imaging Center Staff Meetings as requested or assigned
- Attends in-services and training as required to maintain or develop skills.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year computer skills
- Two (2) years of post-secondary computer or business
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situation in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and Change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing form one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demand, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal Relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: PC, Digitizer, telephone, printer, copier, film copier, film processor, FAX, intercom, bar code reader, ladder, carts, typewriter, pagers, motorized view box, manual film storage files PACSCUBE, Magic Web and Magic View systems and PACS systems, office supplies.
Software: multiple clinical information systems, e-mail., database searches, RMS, PACS, Powerscribe, SMS, USA
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Frequently
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Moving/rotating machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/14/2020