IT Student Worker
PA College Of Health Sciences
9860 Information Technology
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Service Delivery, acts as system administrator and account manager for a variety of College systems. Functions as a technology resource and personal educational resource for all students, faculty, and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 100%. Qualified individuals must have the ability with or without reasonable accommodation to perform the following duties:
- Promote and contribute to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Provide exceptional customer service through in person, and electronic interactions.
- Assist with the tasks and duties of the assigned work area as delegated by the Director, Service Delivery.
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of the assigned area in order to direct inquiries.
- Based on consultations with users, and in conjunction with the Director, Service Delivery, design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, and modify computer systems, computer processes, or technology systems that provide solutions to business needs.
- Provide for the ongoing education of computer users by communicating clearly and effectively, documenting processes thoroughly, and providing individual in-service training sessions as needed.
- Act as system administrator and account manager for a variety of College information systems, applying the techniques and procedures of systems analysis to ensure the proper functioning of those systems (to include, but not limited to, Office 365, VMWare, and Classroom Technology).
- Act as liaison to the Lancaster General (LG) Information Systems Department to assist as necessary with account management for a variety of LG information systems used by the College (to include, but not limited to, Knowledge Link, Email, EPIC, Kronos, Citrix, and Starnet).
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of Information Systems documentation, records, and reports.
- Communicate effectively with Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine’s Information Systems Department.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proactively employ techniques and practices to assure the integrity and security of the computing operations of the College.
- Assist with the regular, consistent maintenance of the College’s computing, printing, and audiovisual inventory.
- Monitor compliance with software licensing, copyright law and user access policies of the College.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of current trends in the areas of computer software and hardware, networking, licensing and ethical requirements related to computer hardware and software, through participation in related conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Support the mission and goals of the College.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 08/29/2019
- Student currently enrolled or has recently graduated (6 months) from an accredited institution with evidence of successful college work in computer information systems;
- Knowledge of current trends in computing and information systems;
- Strong service orientation;
- Capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team