Human Resources Generalist - PA College
PA College Of Health Sciences
9861 Human Resources
Talent Acquisition - College
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, this position will serve to assist in the day to day operations of the Office of Human Resources. Effectively utilizes various communication channels to best accomplish essential functions of the position as well as support organizational efforts to provide positive internal/external member service.
This position promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing, learner-centered institution successfully fulfills the following duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Maintains the integrity of the Office of Human Resources by ensuring that confidential and sensitive data related to Human Resources is secure.
- Creates, posts and maintains all human resource related materials to the HR portal. Responsible for ensuring that all material on the portal is accurate and up to date making changes as appropriate. Serves as the subject matter expert for the HR portal.
- Ensures HR related information and services on the PA College website are accurate and up to date. Works with Information Technology to make changes and upgrades as needed.
- Manages New Hire Onboarding, creates an exceptional experience for employee and ensures a positive transition to department orientation.
- Coordinates all new hire onboarding including pre-employment testing, clearances, new hire paperwork and orientation. Communicates directly with all new hires to ensure a positive and effortless onboarding experience. Utilizes and maintains data in Workday.
- Assists in the administration of Knowledge Link.
- Plans, organizes and conducts New Hire Orientation for the College. Utilizes assessment instrument to determine learning and success. Analyzes results, develops and implements solutions to enhance outcome.
- In collaboration with the hiring manger, guides the recruitment process and follows established procedures. Prepares and posts job advertisements in both print and electronic format. Utilizes and maintains social media outlets for recruitment and branding.
- Provides general and administrative support such as preparing correspondence and forms, arranging meetings, and processing confidential reports and documents.
- Serves as the trainer and subject matter expert on Workday system. Keeps HR team and College community informed of system changes and upgrades.
- Recommends solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of human resources related services and processes.
- Conducts research and works on special project within HR documenting and reporting findings. Makes recommendations for implementation as appropriate.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to programs and activities that support employee engagement, culture and a high performing institution.
- Conducts training periodically to all staff on human resources related matters.
- Assists with the annual updates of the Employee Handbook, Faculty Supplement and Student Employee Supplement.
- Collects data, prepares reports and summarizes findings related to HR activities; may participate in establishing a strategy for resolving issues.
- Prepares and processes all reimbursements for the department, reviews billing for accuracy, obtains appropriate approvals and submits to Accounts Payable.
- Remain current on trends and developments within HR. Assists with compliance and regulatory driven HR tasks to include communication, tracking and follow-up.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
To perform this job successfully…..
- Three (3) years of progressive human resources experience.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with numerous hiring managers and administrative levels.
- Results driven with a strong degree of flexibility.
- Ability to problem solve.
- 1-3 years previous experience in human resources in higher education preferred.
- Workday experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/17/2022