Housekeeper - Night Shift
Environmental Services - Day Shift
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Position will work 40 hours/week between the hours of 10:30pm - 7:00am; EOW, EOH
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the director of Environmental Services Manager and Administrative Supervisor, the Housekeeper cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures and windows, following universal precautions.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices; spot cleans and vacuums carpets.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers.
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance requests via computer system.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precaution, MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps service closets and housekeeper carts properly stocked, orderly, and cleaned.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair, transfers furniture, and spot cleans furniture, as necessary.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
Posted on 09/11/2019