Housekeeper - Full Time (Night Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
7608 WBH-Environmental Services
Women & Babies Hospital - Environmental Services
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week from 10pm-6:30a; EOW, EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a full time Housekeeper within the Environmental Services Department at our Women's and Babies Hospital. The Housekeeper cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital. Hours will be 3rd shift, 10:30pm-6:30am, and every other weekend and every other holiday. This position will be located at our Women's and Babies Hospital.
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to; furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures, and windows.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and offices. Spot cleans and vacuums carpet
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance requests via computer system.
PREFERRED JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Posted on 01/14/2020
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping