Housekeeper - 1.0
Lancaster General Hospital
2540 Environmental Services
Environmental Services - OR Areas
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager, Administrative Supervisor, the Maintenance Housekeeper maintains the hospital and hospital owned properties, refinishing/scrubbing floors, shampooing/bonnetting carpet and furniture as well as performing routing housekeeping functions. This includes all major housekeeping projects and moves as well as individual requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, covebase, light fixtures, and windows following universal precautions.
- Refinishes floors, including machine scrubbing and floor stripping, and applies floor finish.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Shampoos furniture and spots/bonnetts/extracts carpet, as necessary.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precautions MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
- Disposes of, transfers, or stores hospital furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions.
- Maintains hospital property and equipment reporting anything in need of repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
- One (1) year of experience operating housekeeping-related equipment.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic--passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is minimal. Problems encountered tend to involve a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Typically involves adhering to a chart or set procedure.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Continuously
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 03/17/2020