Housekeeper (Full-Time 4:00pm-12:30am)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2540 Environmental Services
Environmental Services- Evening
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the director of Environmental Services Manager and Administrative Supervisor, the Housekeeper cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures and windows, following universal precautions.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices; spot cleans and vacuums carpets.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers.
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance requests via computer system.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precaution, MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps service closets and housekeeper carts properly stocked, orderly, and cleaned.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair, transfers furniture, and spot cleans furniture, as necessary.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
• The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic--passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
• Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
• The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is absent or minimal. The individual must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Most aspects of the position, and the actions taken to resolve them, are repetitive in nature, and should ultimately become rote or automatic. There is little variability in task demands, or task demands are accomplished under continuous direction from another.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Mops, cleaning cloths. Vacuum, compactor, floor buffer, floor machine, telephone, pager, cart, wringer, bucket, computer.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Frequently
- Push: Continuously
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Frequently
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Occasioanlly
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is Moderate
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/26/2020