All 3 shifts weekends and holidays
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the director of Environmental Services Manager and Administrative Supervisor, the Housekeeper cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames, vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures and windows, following universal precautions.
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and offices; spot cleans and vacuums carpets.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers.
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance requests via computer system.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains, and window treatments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precaution, MSDS, and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps service closets and housekeeper carts properly stocked, orderly, and cleaned.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair, transfers furniture, and spot cleans furniture, as necessary.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical housekeeping.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/29/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.