Horizon Warehouse Technician- Burle Industries Building (40 hours/week- Day Shift)
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Horizon Healthcare Services Pharmacy
HOURS: Candidate will work primarily 0830- 1700 Monday through Friday. One day a week, on a rotating basis will work 0900 to 1730 assisting with close out of the day. One Saturday every 4 to 5 weeks on a rotation basis. Saturday time 0830 to 1700. Participate in the inventory process 3 to 4 times year that will occur at different start times. Holidays and coverage of observation of Holidays on a rotating basis among other department employees.
Performs receiving, stocking, warehouse, and distribution functions to support organization operations.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS - JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 95%. Qualified individuals must have the ability--with or without reasonable accommodation--to perform the following duties:
Order Fulfillment/Supply Order Management
- Recognizes priority orders/deliveries and responds to that request immediately. When requested by supervisor, adjusts schedule to maximize efficiency in work flow and customer satisfaction.
- Picks supply orders with 100% accuracy, cross-matching stock names/numbers and double-checking own work for accuracy.
- Performs double-check and verifies all paperwork and products for other warehouse technician(s) prior to delivery. Ensures that own order-picks have been double-checked before delivery.
- Packages and prepares necessary documentation for all outgoing deliveries, UPS packages, etc.
- Processes returned supplies and submits information to Billing Department within established timeframes.
- Assists with maintaining an adequate warehouse inventory to meet patient needs while minimizing overstock. Gives input into development of goals regarding warehouse inventory.
- Receives incoming freight & verifies product received prior to accepting shipment. Accurately warehouses incoming stock in assigned locations.
- Assesses stock expiration dates & pulls product from inventory as appropriate; ensures that stock is rotated with each new receipt of inventory.
- Continually maintains warehouse area in a neat, orderly fashion including removing debris, emptying trash bin, preparing cardboard for recycling, vacuuming and dusting floors and shelves.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS - JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 5%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleans all types of equipment according to established policy and following all regulatory guidelines. Ensures that battery power packs are refreshed and maintained according to established policy.
- Remains cross-trained with and serves as a back-up for the Delivery Coordinator in his/her absence or unavailability.
- Continually prioritizes & rearranges delivery schedules to accommodate priority orders/deliveries and responds to requests immediately. Adjusts schedule to maximize efficiency in work flow and customer satisfaction.
- Immediately responds to urgent situations with a follow-up call advising of resolution.
- Perform all other reasonably-related duties of an equal or lower nature as may be directed in the sole discretion of management.
ESSENTIAL JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ prior storeroom/inventory/shipping & receiving experience.
PREFERRED JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years prior experience in a medical/pharmaceutical storeroom with knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical products and environmental issues (hazards, temp, etc.) for storage.
- Experience using computerized inventory control system.
GENERAL EDUCATION ‑ LANGUAGE ABILITY: The following level of ability is necessary to deliver, understand, and apply language:
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instructions, atlases and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare and/or edit memoranda, reports and essays using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with correct pronunciation and using all tenses.
GENERAL EDUCATION ‑ MATHEMATICS ABILITY: The following level of ability is necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem‑solving situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure; to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions; to compute ratio, rate, and percent; and to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: Network computer system and personal computer proficiency; powered industrial hand truck; office copier, multi-line telephone system, FAX machine, pager, miscellaneous office equipment.
Software: LG/LGS Information System; Excel; Outlook; CPR+.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates and should not be considered absolute. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. The employer reserves the right to amend, modify and/or delete this position from the table of organization in its sole discretion. This is to be considered a position-at-will. This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/30/2021