Home Health RN
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Nursing - CCS-LN
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive, family-oriented nursing care to individuals in their place of residence in collaboration with other disciplines and external agencies as related to assigned patient and develops and implements a discharge plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient and members of the health care team. Implements and evaluates the interventions identified in the medical and nursing Plans of Care and initiates necessary revisions.
- Coordinates home health aides, LPN, patient/caregiver and families in the provision of care.
- Promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services through participation in patient care conferences with clinical mangers and other healthcare members.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
- Performs cognitive, cultural, readiness, literacy, and skills assessment of patient to develop educational plan in collaboration with patient/caregiver and members of the health care team and implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external customers to assure effective communication. Acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Displays time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic and advanced cardiac diseases and treatment of patients (examples include but are not limited to cardiac/lung transplant patients, new and end stage CHF patients, Ventricular Assist Device patients)
- Demonstrated IV competence as defined by the agency.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in mandatory in services and educational activities as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring own professional growth.
- Accountable for utilization and practice of systems thinking, teamwork, and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- CPR certification.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Minimum one year clinical experience required.
- One year of Home Health experience preferred.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Creativity, feelings or ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use creativity, self-expression, or imagination.
Influencing others: Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things; to motivate, convince or negotiate.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements and monitor progress toward accomplishment.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
Language: Reading, Writing & Speaking:
- Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports; using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style; using all parts of speech.
- Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent) and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Mathematics: The following levels of ability are necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem-solving situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with coins as part of a dollar.
- Ability to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, yard, ounce and pound (and/or their metric counterparts).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
- Ability to compute profit and loss, ratio and proportion, and percentage.
- Ability to calculate surfaces, volume, weights, and measures.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: Computer, phone, copier, printer, fax
Tools: office supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Degree of physical exertion is moderate, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
BODY POSITION AND MOVEMENT: The following positions or movements are typical of the job:
- SITTING is done continuously.
- WALKING is done continuously.
- STANDING is done continuously.
- CLIMBING is done frequently.
- REACHING (Extending out and retrieving objects outside immediate range) is done frequently.
- PUSHING (To press against something with substantial steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward) is done frequently.
- PULLING (To exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion) is done frequently.
- LIFTING (To raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position) is done frequently.
- END‑RANGE MOTION (To fully extend or retract a bodily part or joint to its maximum range in order to reach, push, pull, lift, or otherwise perform job functions) is done occasionally.
- STOOPING/CRAWLING (To lower the body to floor level, and move about with agility) is done seldom.
VISUAL REQUIREMENTS: (Considerations include color, depth perception and field of vision).
- The job requires a good sense of vision (with or without correction) necessary to distinguish like objects from one another, to scan fields of data and select numbers or characters, and/or to detect and visually follow moving objects.
AUDITORY (HEARING) REQUIREMENTS: Examples of the types of sounds that must be heard and the reason they must be heard are listed below:
voices to converse, communicate
telephone ringing to answer incoming calls
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
Bio hazardous Waste Frequently
Blood borne Pathogens Continuously
Extreme Noise Levels Seldom
Extreme Temperatures Seldom
Radioactive Agents Seldom
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/06/2020