Home Care RN -Penn Med Home Health (PRN, 1st shift)
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive, family-oriented nursing care to individuals in their place of residence in collaboration with other disciplines and external agencies as related to assigned patient and develops and implements a discharge plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient and members of the health care team. Implements and evaluates the interventions identified in the medical and nursing Plans of Care and initiates necessary revisions.
- Coordinates home health aides, LPN, patient/caregiver and families in the provision of care.
- Promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services through participation in patient care conferences with clinical mangers and other healthcare members.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
- Performs cognitive, cultural, readiness, literacy, and skills assessment of patient to develop educational plan in collaboration with patient/caregiver and members of the health care team and implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external customers to assure effective communication. Acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Displays time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic and advanced cardiac diseases and treatment of patients (examples include but are not limited to cardiac/lung transplant patients, new and end stage CHF patients, Ventricular Assist Device patients)
- Demonstrated IV competence as defined by the agency..
Posted on 01/14/2020
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- CPR certification.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Minimum one year clinical experience required.
- One year of Home Health experience preferred.