Home Care RN - Penn Med Home Health (40 hours/week, 1st shift)
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Clinical Supervisory/Support - LN
At Penn Medicine Home Health Lancaster General Health, your passion can touch and improve the lives of people in your community every day. We value our employees as our most important asset and we have been servicing adults and seniors with home health care services in the Lancaster area for dozens of years! If you enjoy helping others and making a difference in people's lives, working for Penn Medicine Home Health could be a perfect fit.
Why Should You Join Our Team? We have an EXCELLENT benefit package and clinicians who care deeply about their patients and peers!
- Competitive Salaries
- 403b Match + additional employer contribution
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending or Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Mileage Reimbursement
Provides comprehensive, family-oriented nursing care to individuals in their place of residence in collaboration with other disciplines and external agencies as related to assigned patient and develops and implements a discharge plan.
Responsibilities for RN:
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient and members of the health care team. Implements and evaluates the interventions identified in the medical and nursing Plans of Care and initiates necessary revisions.
- Coordinates home health aides, LPN, patient/caregiver and families in the provision of care.
- Promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services through participation in patient care conferences with clinical mangers and other healthcare members.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
- Performs cognitive, cultural, readiness, literacy, and skills assessment of patient to develop educational plan in collaboration with patient/caregiver and members of the health care team and implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external customers to assure effective communication. Acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Displays time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic and advanced cardiac diseases and treatment of patients
- Demonstrated IV competence as defined by the agency.
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- CPR certification.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Minimum one year clinical experience required.
Posted on 02/27/2020
- One year of Home Health experience preferred.