Home Care RN - Baylor Position
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Clinical Superv/Support - Lancaster
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive, family-oriented nursing care to individuals in their place of residence in collaboration with other disciplines and external agencies as related to assigned patient and develops and implements a discharge plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient and members of the health care team. Implements and evaluates the interventions identified in the medical and nursing Plans of Care and initiates necessary revisions.
- Coordinates home health aides, LPN, patient/caregiver and families in the provision of care.
- Promotes continuity of care through coordination of patient services through participation in patient care conferences with clinical mangers and other healthcare members.
- Documents the delivery of care to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
- Performs cognitive, cultural, readiness, literacy, and skills assessment of patient to develop educational plan in collaboration with patient/caregiver and members of the health care team and implements and evaluates individualized patient education plan based on age-specific criteria.
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external customers to assure effective communication. Acts as a patient advocate to promote goal attainment.
- Displays time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic and advanced cardiac diseases and treatment of patients (examples include but are not limited to cardiac/lung transplant patients, new and end stage CHF patients, Ventricular Assist Device patients)
- Demonstrated IV competence as defined by the agency.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 08/13/2019
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- CPR certification.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA Driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Minimum one year clinical experience required.