Histologic Technician - 1.0
Lancaster General Hospital
Laboratory - Histology
JOb title: Histologic Technician
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hr/2week with varied start between 5:00am and 8:00am with 8 hour shifts , occasional Saturday rotation, no Sundays or holidays
Embed, cut, mount, stain, coverslip and label tissue and other materials for diagnostic examination by Pathologist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Embed and trim surgical blocks.
- Cut and mount single or multiple tissue sections.
- Stain routine H & E sections and coverslips slides, label slides, process recuts and additional sections.
- Perform special stains including immuno peroxidase.
- Weigh, measure, adjust and label constituents of reagent solutions. Comply with safety requirements when handling chemicals.
- Perform routine daily maintenance and quality control of instrumentation. Recognize and troubleshoot common or recurring problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must obtain certification as a Histologic Technician (American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) within six months of hiring date. Extension may be requested, due to mitigating circumstances, and must be reviewed and approved by the department Director.
Six (6) to nine (9) months of hospital histology experience within the last three (3) years (routine staining required, must be able to cut large volumes of slides in allotted time).
This position requires a certification
Posted on 06/24/2020