Healthy Beginnings Plus- RN Care Coordinator (40 hours/week, 1st shift w/occ evenings)
Lancaster General Hospital
7593 Healthy Beginnings Plus
Healthy Beginnings Plus
40 hours/week. Day shift with occasional evenings.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Assesses, plans and implements all aspects of the Healthy Beginnings Plus program to promote and facilitate healthy prenatal care. Orchestrates total patient care by scheduling and attending appointments with HBP patients and interacting with attending and resident staff and other healthcare providers involved in Healthy Beginnings Plus care. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
RN will be working with pregnant and parenting women who are experiencing addiction . RN will provide home visits and clinic visits to deliver program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiological, cognitive and social functions.
- Formulates a plan of care based on the patient assessment program guidelines and patient outcomes.
- Provides educational materials and instruction to patients regarding health and prenatal wellness issues (smoking cessation, diet therapy, etc.). Education provided through home visits or in the office or community setting.
- Provides counseling and social support to patients. Communicates with both healthcare providers and non-healthcare agencies/persons to obtain resources necessary to meet the needs of patients.
- Evaluates patient’s living conditions through home visits and takes necessary steps to establish healthy environment.
- Documents relevant patient care information and maintains detailed statistics regarding HBP patients.
- Completes or supervises the completion of all paperwork associated with the HBP program to ensure proper reimbursement is received.
- Evaluates effectiveness of HBP program and progress toward patient outcomes.
Posted on 11/11/2019
- High School diploma/GED
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Two (2) years of previous nursing experience in Maternal/Child Health and two (2) years of social services agency interaction.
- Sound experience with or knowledge of public health systems.
- Current PA Driver's License.
- One (1) year of newborn nursery/OB and one (1) year of child development experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of ambulatory care preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Experience in addiction, psychiatric and/or maternity & pediatrics preferred.