Healthcare Data Analyst
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time- Monday - Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides technical and analytical support to highly visibly project that identify and resolve issues of strategic importance in the organization utilizing various third party solutions along with the organization’s EHR. Provides support as it relates to data collection, analysis and reporting. The Healthcare Data Analyst works in close cooperation with other staff members, and developers to support multiple performance improvement, service line, disease management and financial initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Analyze healthcare data and information originating from various sources including but not limited to:
- Data generated from various clinical, survey, registry and financial databases
- Clinical information regarding patient care
- External sources, particularly clinical and quality performance and bench marking metrics
- Compare and contrast data both internally and externally utilizing comparative databases and bench marking information.
- Perform ongoing data analysis and outcome measurement activities utilizing various tools including control charts, graphics as well as narrative analyses.
- Works closely with all levels of staff to determine analytic and reporting needs and ensures that requested information is created accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reports assigned project progress and activity as required. Maintains communication with team members and leadership.
- Attends and participates in appropriate work groups and teams as directed.
- Develops and maintains expertise in data systems utilized to support initiatives.
- Maintains working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/10 coding principles.
- Maintains working knowledge of operational and quality indicators as defined with industry leading best practices and regulatory bodies.
- Assists in developing formal presentations of analysis and recommendations to senior level audiences.
- Maintains high level of expertise in the LGH Information Services environment.
- Conducts analysis of a wide range of data sets, including operational, clinical, and financial. Synthesizes and interprets analyses.
- Provides technical support to clinical applications in production by, among others, developing reports, conducting data extracts, data integrity and quality control, and performing system administrative duties as required.
- Provides and/or facilitates end user training of clinical systems managed by the business intelligence analytics team.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Serve as a resource to various hospital departments seeking guidance with performance improvement activities.
- Participate in functions and/or teams relative to external review agency standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors of Science, Healthcare Administration or equivalent experience.
- Computer knowledge required in multiple software applications at a minimum MS Word, MS Excel with sophisticated knowledge of functions.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ICD9-CM coding and classification systems as well as patient care reimbursement systems.
- Understanding of external regulatory agency requirements.
Posted on 03/10/2020
- Bachelors of Science.
- Masters of Science, Healthcare Administration.
- MS Access, SQL, Minitab, etc.
- RN, LPN, RHIA, or RHIT.