Health Services Outreach Officer - City of Lancaster
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full-Time (0.8 FTE); 32hrs/wk; 8:30AM-5:00PM with occasional evenings/weekends.
**Note: this is a grant funded position lasting through 6/30/2022 and is benefit eligible. This role will split time between LGH Community Health and Lancaster City Hall.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will work collaboratively with health specialists, community groups, and individuals to determine the current community health needs, remove barriers to healthy behavior, increase the availability of services, and develop goals to meet the current identified needs during COVID-19. It will employ current best practices around social determinants of health and community outreach to build sustainable policies and programs that address health inequities. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, social determinants of health, community and coalition building, and public policy development and measurement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Lead transformational planning and execution for community health improvement efforts within the organization and throughout the community.
- Utilize data analysis to drive prioritization of Community Health Needs, interpreting and responding to local, state, and national health trends.
- Apply performance improvement methodology to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address public health issues within our community.
- Comprehensively review impact and success of initiatives, recommending any modifications to improve effectiveness as part of the strategic Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Build capacity throughout Lancaster City for community health improvement by initiating and facilitating community coalitions and collaboratives to address issues concerning our community.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies, striving to remove barriers related to health inequity and social determinants of health.
- Effectively engage coalition, team, and workgroup members in an open dialogue to address gaps, overlap, and redundancy to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Identify, write, and manage grants to advance our initiatives related to community health improvement.
- Provide community health improvement consulting services for the organization, providing training and networking opportunities to health, mental health and other community based partner organizations, culturally specific organizations, and/or social services organizations.
- Present to community/corporate groups on community health improvement efforts and/or health data.
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Serve as a role model for wellness to colleagues, staff and community at large.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, or Health related field
- Strong statistical data collection, interpretation and reporting skills
- Strong track record of problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong working knowledge of health equity and social determinants of health
- 3-5 years of community and coalition building experience
- 3-5 years of public policy development and measurement experience
- 3 + years of experience in hospital or health related field
- Master degree in Public Health.
- Experience with motivating and engaging diverse partners.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/10/2021