Health Promotion Specialist (Full Time/ Day shift)
This position is a grant funded position that will coordinate a collaborative project called Joining Forces for Children. This initiative supports a network of providers who support children and families impacted by substance use.
Health Promotion Specialists are responsible to lead and coordinate effective collaboration with community, government and other stakeholders to address health and social determinants of health needs in Lancaster County. This includes developing and implementing strategies that result in health care services, public policies, practices, and programs that effectively address identified needs. Additionally, this role will engage internal stakeholders to align community needs and business imperatives and identify and deploy organizational resources that support community health improvement. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, social determinants of health, community and coalition building, and public policy development and measurement.
LOCATION: Suburban Pavilion, Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours a week or 1.0 FTE. Day Shift. Occasional evenings and weekends
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Support Family Advocate and the services provided to children and families
- Conduct trainings for CYA staff, contracted providers, resource and foster families about addiction and its impact on children
- Convene cross-sector Lead Team bi-monthly to address the needs of children and families impacted by substance use
- Provide backbone support to the Lancaster County Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome Coalition
- Coordinate Plans of Safe Care campaign and support continuous improvement of MDT process
- Provide comprehensive program outcome reports for Family Advocate services and collaborative efforts
- Raise awareness about children impacted by addiction at community events, with community partners, and other platforms to reach children and families prior to any need for involvement with CYA
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues
- Manage special projects, as assigned
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Follows all agency policies and procedures
- Respond to media requests
- Assist in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years of social worker experience in the Community Health Field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to : Motivational interviewing, teach-back method, and self-management support.
- Masters Level Social Work credential
- Family Advocate experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/24/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.