Health Promotion Specialist
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health & Collaborative Care Svcs
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Health Promotion Specialists are responsible to lead and coordinate effective collaboration with community, government and other stakeholders to address health and social determinants of health needs in Lancaster County. This includes developing and implementing strategies that result in health care services, public policies, practices, and programs that effectively address identified needs. Additionally, this role will engage internal stakeholders to align community needs and business imperatives and identify and deploy organizational resources that support community health improvement. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, social determinants of health, community and coalition building, and public policy development and measurement. This position is grant-funded through September 29, 2022. This Health Promotion Specialist will serve as the Project Coordinator for this grant and will be responsible for the effective implementation of grant deliverables, which requires knowledge of substance use disorders, recovery-oriented systems, and overdose prevention strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Lead transformational planning and execution for community health improvement efforts within the organization and throughout the community.
- Utilize data analysis to drive prioritization of Community Health Needs, interpreting and responding to local, state, and national health trends.
- Apply performance improvement methodology to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address public health issues within our community.
- Comprehensively review impact and success of initiatives, recommending any modifications to improve effectiveness as part of the strategic Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Build capacity throughout Lancaster County for community health improvement by initiating and facilitating community coalitions and collaboratives to address issues concerning our community.
- Drive collaboration within LG Health and LGHP to develop and maintain sustainable policy and systems changes.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies, striving to remove barriers related to health inequity and social determinants of health.
- Effectively engage coalition, team, and workgroup members in an open dialogue to address gaps, overlap, and redundancy to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Identify, write, and manage grants to advance our initiatives related to community health improvement.
- Fulfill regulatory requirements from the IRS (Schedule H, Form 990), mandated for not-for-profit hospitals.
- Provide community health improvement consulting services for the organization, providing training and networking opportunities to health, mental health and other community based partner organizations, culturally specific organizations, and/or social services organizations.
- Present to community/corporate groups on community health improvement efforts and/or health data.
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Serve as a role model for wellness to colleagues, staff and community at large.
- Provide educational sessions regarding wellness and prevention and health-related topics as needed.
- Respond to media requests.
- Assist manage in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, or Health related field
- Strong statistical data collection, interpretation and reporting skills
- Strong track record of problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong working knowledge of health equity and social determinants of health
- 3-5 years of community and coalition building experience
- 3-5 years of public policy development and measurement experience
- 3 + years of experience in hospital or health related field
Posted on 06/25/2020
- Master degree in Public Health.
- Experience with motivating and engaging diverse partners.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Grant management experience
- Knowledge of substance use disorders and recovery-oriented systems