Health Promotion Specialist
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Mostly day shift, some evening/weekend events possible.
This Health Promotion Specialist will serve as the liaison between the organization and area school districts. Responsibilities include coordination and implementation of evidence-based health promotion programs for students and faculty.
POSITION SUMMARY: Health Promotion Specialists are responsible to lead and coordinate effective collaboration with community, government and other stakeholders to address health and social determinants of health needs in Lancaster County. This includes developing and implementing strategies that result in health care services, public policies, practices, and programs that effectively address identified needs. Additionally, this role will engage internal stakeholders to align community needs and business imperatives and identify and deploy organizational resources that support community health improvement. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, social determinants of health, community and coalition building, and public policy development and measurement.
This Health Promotion Specialist will be responsible for leading prevention of unintentional injury as well as active living and active transportation initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Lead transformational planning and execution for community health improvement efforts within the organization and throughout the community.
- Utilize data analysis to drive prioritization of Community Health Needs, interpreting and responding to local, state, and national health trends.
- Apply performance improvement methodology to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address public health issues within our community.
- Comprehensively review impact and success of initiatives, recommending any modifications to improve effectiveness as part of the strategic Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Build capacity throughout Lancaster County for community health improvement by initiating and facilitating community coalitions and collaboratives to address issues concerning our community.
- Drive collaboration within LG Health and LGHP to develop and maintain sustainable policy and systems changes.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies, striving to remove barriers related to health inequity and social determinants of health.
- Effectively engage coalition, team, and workgroup members in an open dialogue to address gaps, overlap, and redundancy to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Establish and maintain robust local and state relationships with organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Identify, write, and manage grants to advance our initiatives related to community health improvement.
- Fulfill regulatory requirements from the IRS (Schedule H, Form 990), mandated for not-for-profit hospitals.
- Provide community health improvement consulting services for the organization, providing training and networking opportunities to health, mental health and other community based partner organizations, culturally specific organizations, and/or social services organizations.
- Present to community/corporate groups on community health improvement efforts and/or health data.
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Serve as a role model for wellness to colleagues, staff and community at large.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide educational sessions regarding wellness and prevention and health-related topics as needed.
- Respond to media requests.
- Assist manage in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, or Health related field
- Strong statistical data collection, interpretation and reporting skills
- Strong track record of problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong working knowledge of health equity and social determinants of health
- 3-5 years of community and coalition building experience
- 3-5 years of public policy development and measurement experience
- 3 + years of experience in hospital or health related field
- Master degree in Public Health.
- Experience with motivating and engaging diverse partners.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 02/16/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.